The New York Northern District is committed to assisting you in getting the answers you require. Here are some of the services we offer:
To schedule a video call with a clerk visit the "Meet with a Clerk over Video Chat" link. It will schedule a meeting using the Microsoft Teams application. This remote access service is available to allow the public to do the following:
- Save a trip to the Clerk’s office and get all your questions answered by a Docket Clerk
- Obtain copies of forms, pro se handbook, local rules or documents electronically
- Pay court fees
- Attorneys/support staff can receive technical support from a Clerk with the ability to share your computer/device screen
The public can conduct all Clerk’s Office business at the Remote Operations Center located on the 1st floor of the Binghamton Courthouse during extended hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm via videoconference. Click the icon link for more information.
Members of the public can electronically transmit documents to the Court for numerous purposes including large exhibits or video files, new case openings, or certain requests for service. Click the icon link for more information. Documents that are required to be filed on CM/ECF should not be transmitted to the court with this service. A pro se litigant who has been granted e-filing privileges in CM/ECF should not use this service to transmit documents to be filed. Sealed documents should not be transmitted using this service. Sealed documents should be filed in paper format with the Clerk’s office via regular mail or in person.
This form is used for external parties to send requests for:
- Copy Requests
- Certified Copy Requests
- Requesting a Wiretap (US Attorney's Office)
- Law Enforcement Document Returns/Warrant Returns (Government Agencies Only)
Click on the “Let’s Chat” bubble below to speak with a court representative during business hours or our automated bot during off hours.