As of October 1, 2011, the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), the Federal Records Center, at 200 Space Center Drive, Lee's Summit MO will no longer provide on-site court case review services to the public. This change applies to all closed case files that remain in the legal custody of the court but are physically stored at the NARA, Lee's Summit facility.
NARA will continue to provide copies of court case files directly to the customer online or by mail/fax/e-mail. Public customers seeking copies of court case files directly from NARA should do the following:
To order court records online:
- Visit the National Archives "Order Online" page (https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonline).
- Click on "Order Reproductions," then "Court Records."
- Select the appropriate court (Bankruptcy, Civil, Criminal, or Court of Appeals).
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up an account and place the order.
To order court records via mail/fax/e-mail:
- Visit the National Archives Court Records information page (http://www.archives.gov/research/court-records).
- Download and complete the appropriate request form (Bankruptcy, Civil, Criminal, or Court of Appeals).
- Mail/fax/e-mail the form to the appropriate facility (see page 2 of the request form for contact information).
Revised copies of all NARA court records request forms are located on the above-referenced National Archives Court Records Information page (http://www.archives.gov/research/court-records).